Diversity Liaisons are here to provide information about AHS health services, connect you to our health programs, and refer you to government or community health resources. We are pleased to direct you to the right place. Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQ):
1. I am looking for a family doctor who can speak my language. How can I search for one?
Answer: You can call Health Link 811, 24/7 free health advice line and press 1 to speak to an information specialist. If you would like to get help with English, you can say “I speak ________” and an interpreter will be arranged for you over the phone. 811 will help you finding a doctor who can speak your language.
2. My family doctor only works from 9am to 3pm Monday to Friday and where should I get help if I have questions or concerns after those hours?
Answer: You can call Health Link 811, 24/7 free health advice line and press 2 to speak to a nurse. If you would like to get help with English, you can say “I speak ________” and an interpreter will be arranged for you over the phone. 811 nurse will be able to help with your medical questions and direct you where and what to do.
3. What should I do if I think I have novel coronavirus(COVID-19)?
- Stay home and call Health Link 811 for advice. You will be directed to a health care facility if it is necessary.
- If you are not seriously ill, do not go to a physician’s office, a health care facility or a lab without consulting with Health Link first.
- Call 911 if you are seriously ill and need immediate medical attention and inform them that you may have COVID-19.
4. Where can I find accurate and updated information about novel coronavirus(COVID-19)?
Please refer to Alberta Health Services’ website, https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/topics/Page16944.aspx for any information about novel coronavirus (COVID-19),